We are delighted to announce that the joint planning application between Thame Town CC and Thame Town Council for a new clubhouse has been approved by SODC today.
The new clubhouse will meet ECB technical specification for Clubhouses and Pavilions and designed in a way that is sympathetic to its surroundings next to the Dove Cot and Church.
The Cricket Club will join forces with Thame Hockey Club who will use the facility during the Winter months as their clubhouse, whilst still playing matches at Thame leisure centre. Thame Kites Netball Club, who currently do not have a clubhouse will also join us.
Our plan is to demolish the existing clubhouse and build the new one during the winter of 2017 so that it is ready for the Summer season of 2018.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our partners Thame Town Council and Holland and Green for working so well with us on this project, enabling us to reach this stage of the development.
The next priority will be fund raising and we are looking for volunteers and ideas to help us raise the remaining funds required to make this dream become reality…….
Summer 2017 update: Our existing beloved clubhouse was built 40 years ago by members and players from an old barn. While it has lots of character and memories it has reached the end of its usable life and no longer meets the needs of over 200 playing members and 100 social members.
We now have planning permission and 90% of the funds we need to build a new clubhouse
WHO WILL BENEFIT
The new clubhouse will benefit the whole of Thame including new/existing members in the surrounding area from Ages 4-64 both male and female.
– Our All Stars cricket section for Age 4-8
– Junior teams for U9, U11, U13 and U15
– An adult section with 3 Saturday league teams and a Sunday team plus a recently formed Women’s team
– Thame Hockey Club will join us with their members. They will use the facility as a social centre primarily during the Winter months
The Thame & District Day Centre are also in need of a new facility. Providing day care support and friendship to older people living in Thame and the surrounding villages. They have 60 members who would be able to enjoy the first floor community room 3 days a week from 9am to 4pm.
Thame Music Groups: Music lessons for piano, violin, singing and acoustic guitar. Choir and choral practice and music recording on the first floor during the week in the evenings and at the weekend.
Local charities, businesses and groups that require a space to hire for fund raising events, conferences, business meetings, team building days and charity events. Over 30 local organisation or companies are currently connected to the club and have expressed interest in being able to use the new facility. This would enable them to interact and develop their businesses in an environment which allows physical activity.
Amongst others we also have a local Yoga instructor who is looking to set up a new class in the evening and on weekends for mums who have recently given birth and are building back their fitness.
There is already a huge demand in Thame for Sports clubs and community facilities. And with an additional 750 homes being built in the Town over the next 5-10 years this will increase further.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We are so very close to realising our dream of a new clubhouse and invaluable community asset and we are asking for your support go get us over the line……
- Donate using Crowdfunder
- Donate £30 and get a set of 2 Cricket notebooks (normally sold at £8 – 40 available)
- Donate £50 and get a free Social membership to the club for 2018
- Donate £100 and have a silver brick in your name on the wall of the new clubhouse (just 5 left!)
- Donate £150 and have a gold brick in your name on the wall of the new clubhouse (last 10 left!)
- Donate £200 for a gold brick and one social membership and a set of cricket notebooks
- Donate £500 for a corporate brick plus social membership – we will contact you about a range of advertising and sponsorship opportunities that we can offer in return for your generous support (last 10 available)
- Spread the word
Help us promote the campaign through your social media channels, and we’ll give you a shout out on Twitter to our followers. Every share is worth a handful of pledges to us.
- Offer rewards If you or your business want to take part in our campaign there is another way you could help, by giving us some rewards to offer our supporters. They could be products or services. In return we’ll make sure your company is added to this page and say thanks on social media.
Thanks in advance
Chair Thame Town Cricket Club