Tuesday 20th February: Official Groundbreaking Ceremony with Thame Mayor, Tom Wyse
New Year Update:
‘We are delighted to announce that work will start on site on Monday 15th January. Sports Clubhouses Ltd are the main contractor and have worked very closely with the Cricket Club and Town Council to get the project underway http://sportsclubhouses.com/cricket/
In order to keep traffic away from Church Road, all site vehicles will access the site from the gate at the corner of the ground by the Waitrose roundabout.
The first part of the project will be to erect the new building which lies in front of the existing pavilions footprint. This will enable us to use the existing pavilion during the 2018 playing season, toward the end of the season the existing building will be knocked down to form the new nets and car park area. All work is scheduled to be completed by the end of October 2018.
Naturally there will be a certain amount of disruption to practice and matches but Sports Clubhouses Ltd and TTCC will do everything possible to minimise this in order for business as usual to take place. Work on site will mainly occur during the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and occasionally on Saturday.
If you would like any further information about the project, club or hiring the new facility please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org‘ – Matt Swain, Chairman.
About the Project
We are still running our Buy-a-Brick scheme – get your name on a brick in the new clubhouse. Click here.
If you have any queries, please contact Chairman, Matt Swain at email@example.com.
Proposed Site Plan
Ground Floor Plan
First Floor Plan
N.B Plans are subject to change
The new clubhouse will meet ECB technical specification for Clubhouses and Pavilions and designed in a way that is sympathetic to its surroundings next to the Dove Cot and Church.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our partners Thame Town Council and Holland and Green for working so well with us on this project, enabling us to reach this stage of the development.
Our existing beloved clubhouse was built 40 years ago by members and players from an old barn. While it has lots of character and memories it has reached the end of its usable life and no longer meets the needs of over 200 playing members and 100 social members.
There is already a huge demand in Thame for Sports clubs and community facilities. And with an additional 750 homes being built in the Town over the next 5-10 years this will increase further.
Who will benefit?
The new clubhouse will benefit the whole of Thame including new/existing members in the surrounding area of all ages, both male and female.
- Our All Stars cricket section for Age 4-8
- Junior teams for U9, U11, U13 and U15
- 4 Men’s Saturday league teams plus friendly teams
- A recently formed Women’s team
- Thame Hockey Club will join us with their members. They will use the facility as a social centre primarily during the Winter months
- The Thame & District Day Centre are also in need of a new facility. Providing day care support and friendship to older people living in Thame and the surrounding villages. They have 60 members who would be able to enjoy the first floor community room 3 days a week from 9am to 4pm
- Thame Music Groups: Music lessons for piano, violin, singing and acoustic guitar. Choir and choral practice and music recording on the first floor during the week in the evenings and at the weekend
- Local charities, businesses and groups that require a space to hire for fund raising events, conferences, business meetings, team building days and charity events. Over 30 local organisation or companies are currently connected to the club and have expressed interest in being able to use the new facility. This would enable them to interact and develop their businesses in an environment which allows physical activity.
Amongst other prospective approaches, we have a local Yoga instructor who is looking to set up a new class in the evening and on weekends for Mums who have recently given birth and are building back their fitness.