On Friday 26th October 2018, Thame Town Cricket Club was handed over the keys to the new clubhouse!
A project several years in the making, construction started in the January of 2018 with Sports Clubhouses Ltd the main contractor. The Cricket Club worked closely with Thame Town Council to get the project underway, and would like to thank them for their support as well as all the volunteers, sponsors, fund-raisers and contributors.
Tuesday 20th February 2018: Official Groundbreaking Ceremony with Thame Mayor, Tom Wyse
Slide show of project from start to finish (Photos by Sports Clubhouses)
The new clubhouse meets ECB technical specification for Clubhouses and Pavilions, and is designed in a way that is sympathetic to its surroundings next to the Dove Cot and Church. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our partners Thame Town Council and Holland Green for working so well with us on this project, enabling us to reach this stage of the development.
Our old beloved clubhouse was built from an old barn in the 70s, by members and players. While it had lots of character and memories, it had reached the end of its usable life and no longer met the needs of over 200 playing members and 100 social members.
There has been huge demand in Thame for Sports clubs and community facilities. And with an additional 750 homes being built in the Town over the next 5-10 years this will increase further.
The new clubhouse benefits the whole of Thame, including new/existing members in the surrounding area of all ages, both male and female.
- Our All Stars cricket section for Age 4-8
- Junior teams for U9, U11, U13 and U15
- 4 Men’s Saturday league teams plus friendly teams
- A recently formed Women’s team
- Thame & District Day Centre, and their 60 members who will enjoy the first floor community room 3 days a week
- Local charities, businesses and groups that require a space to hire for fund raising events, conferences, business meetings, team building days and charity events
- Yoga, Pilates, Baby sensory group, Musical Mayhem, Martial Arts and more…
- Also available for function hire
For further information on hiring Thame Town Cricket Club’s Pavilion, please contact Jackie Phippen at email@example.com or on 07752 261832.
We would like to thank LEADER for helping to fund the first floor function room project. The source of the funding was European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
Pre-construction visuals by Holland Green