Planning approved. Work due to start by the end of 2017.
We are still in the process of securing the final funds required. Contributions in any form are welcome, and would be greatly appreciated. Scheme(s) we are currently running:
- Buy-a-Brick – get your name on a brick in the new clubhouse. Click here.
If you have any queries, please contact a member of the Committee. Details can be found on our Contact page, here.
Images, video and more info below…
Proposed Site Plan
Ground Floor Plan
First Floor Plan
N.B Plans are subject to change
The new clubhouse will meet ECB technical specification for Clubhouses and Pavilions and designed in a way that is sympathetic to its surroundings next to the Dove Cot and Church.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our partners Thame Town Council and Holland and Green for working so well with us on this project, enabling us to reach this stage of the development.
Our existing beloved clubhouse was built 40 years ago by members and players from an old barn. While it has lots of character and memories it has reached the end of its usable life and no longer meets the needs of over 200 playing members and 100 social members.
There is already a huge demand in Thame for Sports clubs and community facilities. And with an additional 750 homes being built in the Town over the next 5-10 years this will increase further.
Who will benefit?
The new clubhouse will benefit the whole of Thame including new/existing members in the surrounding area from Ages 4-64 both male and female.
- Our All Stars cricket section for Age 4-8
- Junior teams for U9, U11, U13 and U15
- 3 Men’s Saturday league teams plus friendly teams
- A recently formed Women’s team
- Thame Hockey Club will join us with their members. They will use the facility as a social centre primarily during the Winter months
- The Thame & District Day Centre are also in need of a new facility. Providing day care support and friendship to older people living in Thame and the surrounding villages. They have 60 members who would be able to enjoy the first floor community room 3 days a week from 9am to 4pm
- Thame Music Groups: Music lessons for piano, violin, singing and acoustic guitar. Choir and choral practice and music recording on the first floor during the week in the evenings and at the weekend
- Local charities, businesses and groups that require a space to hire for fund raising events, conferences, business meetings, team building days and charity events. Over 30 local organisation or companies are currently connected to the club and have expressed interest in being able to use the new facility. This would enable them to interact and develop their businesses in an environment which allows physical activity.
Amongst other prospective approaches, we have a local Yoga instructor who is looking to set up a new class in the evening and on weekends for Mums who have recently given birth and are building back their fitness.